Sunday, November 12, 2017

Outcropping

Outcropping 10X14x1 Oil and CWM on Cedar Plank  $150

I painted this on a dried 1" cedar plank.  In an attempt to find other substrates I visited a lumber yard specializing in dried cedar.  I bought a few planks and then prepared them with Gesso as I would with a birch cradle board.  I drilled holes in the back for the D Link so the painting can be hung or placed on an iron or wood pedestal.

The painting is oil with the final sky area being mixed with cold wax medium which gives it great depth. In a few weeks time the CWM area can be buffed for a shine.  The other area can be varnished in about 6 months time if you wish to have a shine from the painting. I have also inscribed into the oil at the early stage which you can see in the rock area.  Painted on the sides and signed in the bottom right hand corner.

Blessings for a creative and happy day.

Bente


No comments: