Monday, January 22, 2018

Brew Bay 8x10 Oil and Cold Wax medium by Canadian artist Bente Hansen

Brew Bay  Oil and CWM on Wooden Cradle Board  $80

This piece is very much an experiment.

It started as a demo for photo encaustic which turned out fine.  Just not very exciting.

I had been reading of people using cold wax on top of their encaustics so I thought I would try that.  It worked just fine.  As for how many years it will last I really don't know.  Maybe someone out there will be able to tell me.

After that I thought I would see if my pan pastels would work on the CWM.  The white really didn't show but the rust colour that you see in the bottom left hand corner is pan pastel rubbed into the wax. That seems to of worked great.  I have tried buffing it off and it is in there quite solidly so this is something I will definitely continue to pursue.

We had quite a storm here yesterday.  Today it is a balmy sunny day so time to head out into the bush to walk with my dog and his doggie buddies.

Blessings for a great day.

Bente

No comments: