Saturday, January 10, 2009

Renewed

Can you see the felt marker lines on this image? Part of the process of getting ready for the New Year is to get rid of the old to let in the new. Don't tell my friend Marion. She always gets upset when I start throwing out paintings.

In this case before the painting hit the dust bin I thought I would see how I could of improved on it so I started with a felt liner in showing what I would of done differently if I was doing it now.

Here is a different version but portrait style to see what it would look like this way.

From there I went to do some quick paintings of that particular layout keeping the chicken scratches in mind. I think this is much more effective. What do you think?

Renewed 8" X 10" acrylic on double gessoed matt board
$25
If you enjoy my blog why not forward it to a friend and help me spread the word.


No comments: