Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Storm Clouds 9X9 Acrylic and Pastel on Paper  $75

What I did here was I took a painting that wasn't finished that I really like the "feel" of
design wise and painted a coat of pastel ground over the existing acrylic.  So there would
be a gesso ground, a layer of acrylic and then a layer of pastel ground prior to me
adding the pastel.  There is a fair amount of texture from the painting underneath which
created some interesting design elements when it came to adding the pastel. You can't see
that in this photo but you would be able to see it if you bought it!

I think I will continue on this vein for a while.  It allows me to work on completing a
painting where I had become uncertain.  It also allows me some freedom to do a
painting where a lot of the work part of it has already been done.  Like the others, some
will work and some won't.

Let me know what you think.

cheers

Bente

No comments: