Thursday, March 26, 2015

Farve

Farve, Oil on Archival Gesso Board 16X12  SOLD

I started this painting thinking I would paint a colorful fall scene.  It is grey outside and I know color is uplifting.  Then my mind went to spring and the cheerfulness of colors at that time and this is what I came up with.  The title is a Danish word for color.  I get up every morning and do a lesson on teach yourself Danish so I thought that was appropriate.

Gesso board is a smooth surface that absorbs the transparent paint and allows you to scrape into the board to get the nice whites.  It reminds me a bit of watercolor painting.

I had quite a technology challenge getting this one posted.  My photo wouldn't update on the computer.  I finally gave up and thought it needed to have a sleep first and we were both better off for it.  Grrrr.

Bente

No comments: