Monday, September 12, 2016

Mystery, oil and mixed media on canvas

Mystery 9X12 oil and Mixed media on canvas  $110


This painting started with random strokes of resist when I was painting some collage paper.   I didn't want to waste the paint that was going over the edge of the paper so I grabbed some gessoed canvases to use as the table top.  Then I randomly added some aggressive strokes of color that worked very much like a Notan. The next step was to add collage paper in areas.  When it was dry I topped the surface with clear gesso. Then I painted the intuitive landscape with oil.

I have decided to join Dreama Tolle Perry in her online oil painting course.  The colors that I've used here are her color selection.  I am hoping this will bring me back to my oil paints with a lot of vigor and intuition.

Blessings for a great day.

Bente

No comments: