Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Beach Activity, Acrylic painting by Bente Hansen

Beach Activity 18x24 Acrylic on Wooden Cradle Board $240

Happy Summer everyone.  I hope you are enjoying the wonderful weather.

I am blessed to live by the ocean.  The change in the environment can be quite drastic from one hour to the next.  I have figured out while pouring these acrylic paintings that even if I am loving the color combinations, if the painting does not speak to me of some aspect of nature then it becomes a do over.  The painting can conjure the feeling of moving water, wind, landscape, trees.  It doesn't matter as long as there is some aspect of nature in it.

I started this painting upside down meaning for it to be a big sky type of abstract.  Then as it was drying I changed my mind and like it better this way.  I suppose you could hang it one way for a while and then the other way for a while.  I am sure they will both speak to you.

Blessings for a great day.

Bente

No comments: