Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Stronger 8x10 Encaustic on wood cradle board by Canadian artist Bente Hansen

Stronger  8x10 Encaustic on Wooden Cradle Board  $120

When I am painting I usually have either the TV going in the background or music.  Depends on my mood.  If I don't have either quite often a song will pop into my head which I take as a message for a title or meaning for the painting.  Since I am painting intuitively I pay attention to these messages.

With this painting the song "Stronger" popped up.  If it doesn't kill you it'll make you stronger.

The painting needed to be stronger which is where the green gold came in.  Without it the message just wasn't there.  I also rubbed in some jewel tone powders on the feathers so that when it is in the sunlight the feather glistens.

I hope that some of these explanations help in understanding some of the processes that I go through.

Blessings for a creative day.

Bente

No comments: