Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Shoreline and Sea Landing


Happy New Year.  I'm a little late posting.

I haven't posted for quite a while but that doesn't mean I haven't been painting.  There have been a lot of changes and things going on.  The best way for me to deal with it is to step back and regroup to decide which direction to go.

Now we have a new year and I have entered these two paintings into a Federation Show.  I have more paintings lined up to enter into other shows.  I will see if this helps me to go in the direction I am aiming for.

Both of these paintings are what I call Intuitive Landscapes.  I started with acrylic marbling.  The top one I also added sand and gravel with acrylic medium.  After they dried I painted clear gesso over the surface and then painted with transparent and opaque oil.  The transparent paint is especially important over the marbled area so that the effect of the marbling will show through.

The bottom one also has a lot of thick opaque palette knife work which contrasts nicely with the transparent areas.

Both are a reflection of the areas that I live in which I am so happy for.

I wish you happy creating and a successful 2019.

Blessings

Bente

No comments: