Sunday, February 27, 2011

Red Bouquet

Mixed Media on Watercolor paper.

For those of you on Facebook I apologize for this being sent twice. I am going to fix that, somehow. That I haven't figured out yet.

This painting is part of the series I am doing for the "Arts in Bloom" festival coming up in May. It is actually 7"X10" but with my new found knowledge with photoshop and Fine Art America they now have ways of making this into a print in a very large size. Pretty cool.

I am pulling out my oil paints today. There may be snow on the ground and it may not be a good time to have my windows open but I am missing the oils so I am going to give it a whirl. I have learned so much about my acrylics in this past year and can fairly quickly pull something together because of the drying time and if it doesn't work I add layers of paper and glazes and watercolor crayons. After that, if it doesn't work, out it goes and start all over.

With the oils its a much longer process but I miss my color blending abilities and my wonderful palette knives. I will likely work in both over the next while.

I'll keep you posted.

CIAO

No comments: