Sunday, March 6, 2011

Memories of Years gone by

Hawaii Blue 18X36 Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas

As mentioned in my last blog I had decided it had been too long and so I brought out my oil paints even though it isn't warm enough to have my windows opened.

It had been a long time and so when I put the paint out the scent of the paint brought a sudden surprising memory of paint by number paint sets that my sister and I were given for Christmas. The thing was - I hated those sets. For the life of me I couldn't paint inside the lines. Never could and always gave up trying long before it was anywhere near finished. My sister finished hers off nicely and it looked like something. Of course, that didn't help.

What I came to years later was - I will paint as I do and others will paint as they do and all is well.

No comments: