Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Threesome

Threesome 9X12 Acrylic on Canvas $115

I wanted to paint something upbeat and positive. Flowers are just the
ticket for that.

I am playing a lot with the gesso and acrylic mix to get more of an oil
painting scenario. I use the white gesso instead of white paint and then
if I want the white to truly stand out I use the paint for contrast. When
doing this the important thing to remember is to coat the canvas with
medium to bind the gesso and paint together.

1 comment:

Rose said...

I have been experimenting with the gesso and acrylics and even tried the gessoed paper with watercolor.. very different! I pulled out one of the Bob Burridge DVD's I had from last year and gave it a whirl yesterday :) I posted the florals on my blog. It was lots of fun, and even though it's not 'perfect' and my family members didn't have rave reviews of what I did (my husband saw one of the florals and asked what it was.. he said it looked like an apple that threw up!).. ugh.. I am on my own here, everyone's a critic! Have a lovely day and hope you are doing okay. xox
www.roseherczeg.blogspot.com