Sunday, September 9, 2012

 Holiday  11X14 Pastel on Richeson Premium Sanded Paper  $150

I mentioned in an earlier post that I had purchased some deliciously colored pastels which I was anxious to try.  I knew I likely had those colors already but couldn't resist.

I started this painting in a completely abstract way and soon the images that were prevalent on our holiday showed up.  Amazingly this usually happens.  This might be one reason that I like going places. My husband can't see what the images are.  And here I thought they were pretty obvious.

I haven't posted for a few days.  Explanation below.  I like painting standing up and somehow I couldn't do that for a few days.

Below, you see on very sore big toe and big toe nail that ran into an even bigger steel ferry door.  The nail came off half way lengthwise and I said, "Oh darn!"  I actually didn't say anything.  I hurried back to the van to wrap it up as best I could and find the strongest pain killers we had on board for I knew I would need them.  I was right.

No comments: