Friday, August 7, 2015

Stuck


Acrylic on Gessoed Paper

Yes, I feel stuck.  I have no idea why.  I live surrounded by inspiration and have the space to work yet there I am stuck.  What to do?  I finally decided I would get out what acrylic paint I have left and start throwing some paint around to see what would happen. I mean literally throw the paint. No plan, no color combination, lots of water and have at it.  I started with smaller paper and then went on to half sheets.  The paper is gessoed so that it stays wet a little longer and the paint doesn't get absorbed into the paper meaning I can actually rub the paint off, if I choose.

The top painting is declared finished.  The bottom two are at the first stage. The underpainting.  If you turn your head to the left you could see potential floral paintings in a vase.  If you leave them they way they are they could both be developed into water scenes.


I rather like this bottom one for a potential beach scene with the shells, sea weed and other mysterious elements that float into the beach.

The beauty of it is that I am still stuck with my large oil paintings but I can keep going with these to see what develops.

Cheers for a great day.

Bente

No comments: