Monday, May 2, 2016

Ice Blue

Ice Blue 12X12x1 1/2 Gallery Birch Wood Panel

If you've been reading my posts you know I am working with Wax both Hot and Cold.

The hot wax has so many things that happen to it that seemed to be a disadvantage.  I finally figured out how to turn it around.  At least I think that's what I have done here.

If you zoom in you can actually see the brush strokes below the sky.  If I had heated up the wax to the point that it was molten it would of floated any which way.  Instead I lightly fused to join the top layer to the one below and then I rubbed in the oil color to fill the gaps. I rubbed in different colors in different areas so that it is difficult to tell whether the color comes from a layer below.

This is also a larger substrate with the goal being to go larger and larger.

Blessings for a great day.

Bente

No comments: