Monday, July 4, 2016

Playtime, Watercolor on Rives BFK





Playtime, 9x11 watercolor on Rives BFK paper $100

I've been taking a break from the hot wax with the summer weather and wanting to work on something more immediate.  What I am doing is squirting watercolor or acrylic onto either an enamel surface or glass and then basically wiping the paper across the surface and seeing what kind of a start I can get.  I was hoping to be able to find a consist way of predicting where the color is going to go.  This part has proven unsuccessful.

From there I go back in with Inktense Watercolor Pencils and Watercolor paint and see how I can build from there.  The Rives paper is softer than the watercolor paper and is a lovely surface to work on.

The painting below shows the second to last stage of the painting before being finished.  I thought it needed more OOMPH. 

Here you see my Star.  My studio helper.  He has taken to following me to the studio and sleeping on the chair or the floor.  It likely has more to do with the fact that it is cooler there than in the house but it puts a smile in my heart when I look over and see him there.
He is a true blessing.

This is one of the scenes from the kayak.  Our place is around the corner.  The water is dead still and the rocks and reflections are a constant inspiration.

Blessings for a great day.
Bente

1 comment: