Monday, November 14, 2016

Jewel Tones Oil painting by Bente Hansen



Jewel Tones 12x12 Oil on Gessobord  $150

The self inflicted challenge for me this weekend was to take the image of the acrylic painting below and do it in a manner that has more oomph.

I like the acrylic painting.  I had a lot of fun doing it with all the lines and drops of color.  I couldn't quite figure out if there was something missing so I put the acrylic up high where I would normally put my reference photo and decided to tackle a new painting with all the beautiful transparent colors that we have been using in Dreama's course. My favorite at the moment is Rembrandt's Transparent Red Medium. Love this color.  Echoing Dreama with "make the darks darker "than you think you need.  You can add the opaques later.

I like the result.  I also took a photo of the new painting and ran it through the Value Viewer App that I have on my iPad and iPhone.  The black and white image in the levels mode was perfect.  Gotta use all the tools at hand.

Blessings for a great week.

Bente

The painting will be available on dailypainters.com tomorrow

No comments: