Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Of Life


Of Life 8x10 Encaustic on Wood Cradle

I am showing this painting both Portrait and Landscape.  I am having a hard time deciding which way it goes.  It actually works all four ways so you can change it up as you wish.

I started this one as a wood burn using carpenter's wood glue which I torched.  That usually results in a lovely mottled caramel color. I think I put the glue on too thickly which resulted in some lovely black streaks of burned wood.  This was an extra design feature I wasn't expecting and so the adventure began. From there I added some of my painted collage paper and lots of hot wax.


I am enjoying this journey.  It allows me to work very quickly in between doing other things.  The wax cools within a few minutes and so I can leave it, go do something else, come back, look at it with fresh eyes and tackle it again.  

This particular painting has many many layers with lots of texture that you can't see on the computer screen.

Blessings for an inspiring day.

Bente

No comments: