Thursday, June 22, 2017

Floral Abstract

Floral Abstract 12x16 Acrylic on Wood Panel

I did this painting on a paper thin wood panel.  I have never seen them before.  I started with two coats of gesso and then put on a coat of Gel Medium.  I put these coats on with a sponge roller which gave a very interesting texture.  I was hoping for a really smooth surface and got the opposite.

With all of this experimenting I just have to go with the flow.  Literally!

I started by generally outlining the image in white.  I now have these fluid paints in squeeze bottles so that I can do that.  Then I started in with the colors and tilted, squirted and let the paint flow.  I wanted more control and to not waste so much paint.

I am rather liking this one.

Blessings for a great day.

Bente

No comments: