Saturday, September 19, 2015

Contemporary Landscape Painting

Outreach III 8X8 Oil on Gallery Wrapped Canvas $75  Painted on the sides so that no frame is needed.

Day 19 of 30 Day Challenge

I am still working on the same composition and natural colors.  This time I thought I would use a square format.  I really like squares.  With this one being small it was a challenge to paint the story around the edges without getting paint all over me.

For the texture I tried something different.  It actually found me.  When I put the palette knife down and then lift straight up I got an interesting texture.  Again one I will use again.

This painting a day challenge is just that.  It forces me to be out there painting no matter what my other schedules are and low and behold I learn a lot along the way.

This one is signed at the back.

Blessings

Bente


No comments: