Thursday, September 3, 2015

Flow

Flow 9X12 Oil on board that is treated with 3 coats of gesso $100

Day 3 of the 30 day challenge.

This is my first Abstract in this challenge.  To me it has a definite landscape undertone.  It is done using oil and cold wax.  There are MANY layers of paint  and texture and that part of this process is the exciting part for me.  When one attempt doesn't work I start to lay on another thick layer of paint that has been mixed with cold wax.  Then some of the color, texture and scribblings come through from the previous layer.  It takes the wax a few days to dry and the colors do become more translucent with some layers showing through and others not. Its like a mystery and I like the unknown.  An adventure to see what's around the corner.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.  Would love some dialogue.

Blessings

Bente

2 comments:

NJ Darling said...

Love this! I'm also starting to experiment with cold wax. Amazing and fun!

Bente Hansen said...

Thank you. I am loving my cold wax. I have gone through a whole can of it in three weeks. Have to wait now until my order arrives! Happy painting.