Sunday, September 20, 2015

Fall Approaching



Fall Approaching 8X10 Oil on Canvas $75

Day 20 of the 30 day Challenge

I have been working on some pretty strong paintings, color wise that is.  The photo you see above is the atmosphere on our beach these days so I thought it would be a good idea to calm it down and see if I could get the feel of what's happening outside.  I don't want to paint a grey painting.  That doesn't seem to be in my character.


Below


The first image you will see below is the start of the painting day.  Note the coffee within arms reach!
Very important.  Palette all set out.  At the end of the day the palette is a total mess. 
Below that is the larger painting that I am working on.  At this stage it is not working. Seems to be chopped in half diagonally.  This is proven by the bottom image.















This image is from an app I use on my IPad called Value Viewer.  I take a photo of what I am working on and then I can check the value.  This one was checked as a Notan. There are 3 options.  You can see what I mean about it being cut in half diagonally.  I have worked on it quite a bit since this was taken and we will see if I made it better or worse.  And so it continues.

Blessings

Bente

No comments: