Wednesday, September 2, 2015

On Paper




On Paper  Oil on Paper Painted image 8X8  $75
Outside perimeter 12X12


Day two of the 30 day challenge.

I was reading about an Artist that does one SMALL oil painting on paper every day.  I have quite a few good quality WC papers that had been gessoed in preparation for a quick acrylic painting.  So I took a bunch and gave them all another coat of gesso and decided to try painting some oil on paper.  This particular paper had a light coat of acrylic on it so I treated it with clear gesso.  I believe that the proper archival process would be to leave out the acrylic part even though some books say that to do it this way is OK.

I will shortly be trying stone paper but it has not arrived yet.  I will tell you about it when it arrives.  I am quite excited about it.

Blessings
Bente

No comments: